It’s elections time again and KCFC is currently looking for candidates to fill empty board of directors seats. This volunteer position is open to member-owners in good standing. Those interested are encouraged to attend an upcoming board meeting and meet with one of our dedicated board members.
Here are the time commitments and requirements of our co-op board of directors:
* Attend and participate in board meetings; these occur every 3 weeks on Monday, from 5:30-8:30pm at the co-op office in Bremerton.
* Facilitate board meetings on a rotating basis which will include a
separate planning meeting the week prior with the Agenda & Schedule
Coordinator. You may always choose to co-facilitate.
* Present an education item at a board meeting at least once per year.
* Attend board trainings and retreats.
* Participate in public events when able and volunteer at the Fall Fair in some capacity
* Read On Conflict and Consensus by CT Butler.
Here’s a timeline of the election process:
January 8, 2014 – Deadline for self nominations
January 15, 2014 – Candidate Statements sent to members and published on website
February 17, 2014 – Candidates introduced at the regular board meeting. Members-owners are invited to attend and may submit ballots in person. All other ballots must be postmarked by March 1st.
March 1, 2014 – Ballots must be postmarked by this date.
March 9, 2014 – Annual Meeting of Members. Newly elected board members will be announced, based on a majority vote, as determined by the submitted ballots.
March 31, 2014 – Officers elected at regular board meeting.
If you are a motivated member-owner (or would like to become one!) and have some extra time and energy to put towards opening the doors to this community owned grocery store, we want YOU!!! Please download the 2014 Elections Packet for more information and contact Board President, Kristina Kruzan, at 360-813-1301 or email@example.com with questions.